BlueData, provider of the leading Big-Data-as-a-Service (BDaaS) software platform, believes that all data has value. It has been the inspiration and insight for the world’s greatest accomplishments. More sophisticated insight from data and information will help our customers drive the advanced decisions and innovations of tomorrow.
To achieve this, BlueData enables enterprises to implement Big-Data-as-a-Service running on their own data center infrastructure or in a hybrid architecture. By spinning up instant clusters for Hadoop, Spark, and other Big Data tools in a secure multi-tenant environment, our customers can provide on-demand agility and elasticity for their analytics and data science teams while saving up to 75 percent on infrastructure and operational costs.
Reporting to the Head of Global Technical Services, the Big Data Delivery Consultant will develop and deploy Big Data-as-a-Service solutions for enterprise customers, using BlueData’s EPIC software platform. This individual will require deep knowledge of Big Data Analytics and Data Science applications from a variety of industries, in order to deploy the appropriate Big Data solution to meet the needs of our customers. In addition, this individual will develop and test containerized Big Data application images to be deployed on the BlueData EPIC platform.
This individual must have hand-on experience in Big Data deployments and technologies (e.g. Big Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning), modern infrastructure architectures (e.g. Docker containers, virtualization, storage, networking, security, access controls), as well as a proven track record in working on enterprise consulting engagements. Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders/customers is a must for this role. The candidate is a team player who works as a problem solver and thought leader.
- Assist in the design, architecture, and deployment of Big-Data-as-a-Service solutions using BlueData’s EPIC software platform.
- Assist in the discussions on how to enable useful insights, predictive success, and actionable interpretations from Big Data applications running on BlueData’s EPIC platform.
- Assist the lead project manager and technical architect throughout the entire customer engagement.
- Interact with our customers’ Big Data analytics and data science teams in developing the most effective analytics and advanced algorithms models that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Lead or assist in the training and education activities required in all customer deployments.
- Lead BlueData EPIC platform deployment and testing activities, such as network and security integration, platform implementation, and rollout of application images.
- Lead the development and testing of containerized Big Data application images on the BlueData EPIC platform.
- Assist in the development of the engagement’s Solution Requirements, Solution Architecture, Deployment, and Test plans.
- Participate in pre-sales activities with prospective new customers, when needed.
- Work with BlueData product management and engineering to ensure project delivery success.
- Assist in the evolution of the BlueData Engagement Methodology to ensure successful customer deployments.
- Assist in the creation of materials and tools for new professional services, educational services, or managed services offerings.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.