BlueData, provider of the leading Big-Data-as-a-Service (BDaaS) software platform, believes that all data has value. It has been the inspiration and insight for the world’s greatest accomplishments. More sophisticated insight from data and information will help our customers drive the advanced decisions and innovations of tomorrow.
To achieve this, BlueData enables enterprises to implement Big-Data-as-a-Service running on their own data center infrastructure or in a hybrid architecture. By spinning up instant clusters for Hadoop, Spark, and other Big Data tools in a secure multi-tenant environment, our customers can provide on-demand agility and elasticity for their analytics and data science teams while saving up to 75 percent on infrastructure and operational costs.
Reporting to the Head of Global Technical Services, the Senior Big Data Consulting Architect will architect and develop solutions to deploy and operate Big Data-as-a-Service for our customers. This individual will require deep understanding of the rich data sources and Big Data use cases for a variety of industries, in order to define the appropriate architecture to meet the unique needs of each of these enterprise customers. In addition, this individual will manage and oversee large-scale deployments for our key customers globally.
This position requires extensive experience in Big Data deployments and technologies (e.g. Big Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning), modern infrastructure architectures (e.g. Docker containers, virtualization, storage, networking, security, access controls), as well as a proven track record in managing and leading complex enterprise software deployment projects. Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders/customers is a must for this role. The candidate is a team player who works as a problem solver and thought leader.
- Design, architect, and deploy Big-Data-as-a-Service solutions for enterprise customers, using BlueData’s EPIC software platform.
- Lead discussions on how to enable useful insights, predictive success, and actionable interpretations from Big Data applications running on BlueData’s EPIC platform.
- Work across different business units at enterprise customers, to translate their business requirements into technical functional specifications.
- Work across different platform/system owners and vendors to craft the best-possible solutions for our customers, while balancing the scope, cost, and timeline.
- Coordinate, supervise, and ensure quality control for our customers, throughout the project period.
- Act as a lead project manager and technical architect throughout the entire customer engagement.
- Assist customers in the evaluation and recommendation of all potential Big Data use cases and technologies based on technical capability, functionality, cost vs. benefit, and risk criteria.
- Interact with our customers’ Big Data analytics and data science teams in developing the most effective analytics and advanced algorithms models that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Lead the training and education activities in all customer deployments.
- Develop Solution Requirements, Solution Architecture, Deployment, and Test plans for all projects.
- Participate in pre-sales activities with prospective new customers, when needed.
- Work with BlueData product management and engineering to ensure project delivery success.
- Develop and evolve the BlueData Engagement Methodology to ensure successful customer deployments.
- Assist in the creation of materials and tools for new professional services, educational services, or managed services offerings.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.