The systems engineer position is a software design and development role in a fast paced startup environment. The development responsibility will span the spectrum of containers, virtualization, storage & network I/O, and big-data applications. Specific duties will include: software installation management, storage configuration and performance, network configuration and performance, integration with hypervisor management software, data security, integration with Hadoop, HDFS and other big-data platforms; working with members of the development team to test, document and support the BlueData product. The candidate will be exposed to a broad variety of emerging big data and virtualization technologies, and must be a quick learner to work in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Design and develop distributed software in a Network/Storage Virtualization environment.
- Experience writing C and Python. Knowledge of Erlang a big plus
- Experience in virtualization/networking/storage
- Knowledge/Experience with Docker containers a plus
- Exposure with development in distributed systems environment
- Positive experience with small teams & high accountability
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.